Read the Monthly Armed Forces Magazine (Hellenic MOD Mirror on HR-Net)
The Peace Treaty of Sèvres
The Treaty was signed between the Allied and Associated Powers and Turkey at Sevres on August 10, 1920.
The Treaty is divided into 13 parts with the following contents and articles:
- The Covenant of the League of Nations 1-26
- Frontiers ot Turkey 27-35
- Political Clauses 36-139
- Protection of Minorities 140-151
- Military, Naval and Air Clauses 152-207
- Prisoners of War and Graves 208-225
- Penalties 226-230
- Financial Clauses 231-260
- Economic Clauses 261-317
- Aerial Navigation 318-327
- Ports, Waterways and Railways 328-373
- Labour (Part XIII of Versailles Treaty) 374-414
- Miscellaneous Provisions 415-433
Map (34k) of Turkey, illustrating the Treaty of Sevres region.
Detailed Map (51k) of Western Turkey, showing the Zone of the Straits.
Detailed Map (31k) of Eastern Turkey, showing the extent of Turkish Armenia according to President Wilson's boundary decision.
(Compiled by Lt.-Col. Lawrence Martin, Geographer of the Institute of Politics)
Comments, corrections and suggestions are welcome:
Jane Plotke (content) or Richard Hacken (form).
Last Updated: September 25, 1997.
The text of the Treaty and the tables and maps have been copied with permission from the World War I Archive (specifically: Treaties).
Copyright © 1995-2014 HR-Net (Hellenic Resources Network). An HRI Project.
All Rights Reserved.