The small church of Agios Onoufrios dominates the peak of the slope above the traditional village of Olimbos. It is built of stone and resembles to ruins of a 19th century church. The church -now bearing a cross- attracts many tourists from Olimbos, who come to witness the beautiful view of the traditional village, from up above.
The church of Ipapandi is situated in the village of Arkassa, 16 km southwest of the port of Hora. The white church, dating back to the 19th century, is built in a green area, in the village's centre and is beautifully decorated with a bell-tower with six bells.
The church of the Assumption in Menetes, dated from the 19th century, is the most well known church of Karpathos. It is built among the rocks, while the columns originally belonged to the paleo-christian basilica of Agia Anastasia, in Arkassa.
The Folk Museum of Karpathos is housed at Othos, in the house of Varikas and Aristoteles Stavrakis, a fine example of a typical Karpathian house. The Museum belongs to the Council of work and Joy of Othos and includes authentic pieces of the island's folk art, and it depicts the grandeur of the interior of a Karpathian house.
The monument for the Dead Fighters is situated opposite the cemetery of Menetes. It is dedicated to the Reunion of Greece with Karpathos, which became official in 7 March 1948.
The ancient city of Potideon, the ruins of which are still in evidence, was situated in Possi, the harbour of Horio Karpathos. In the area, excavations brought to light tombs with ceramics from the Minoan and the Mycenaean Era, as well as, relics from pre-historic years, which testify to the existence of an ancient settlement.