|Monday, 23 October 2017|
The Hellenic Radio (ERA): News in English, 09-07-08
From: The Hellenic Radio (ERA) <www.ert.gr/>
 H1N1 Cases on the IncreaseNine new H1N1 cases were detected in Greece, raising the total number to 196. Of them, 86 patients have been fully cured. The rest are undergoing the necessary remedies, said the Greek Health Ministry.
In the meantime, authorities in California detected a case which proved resistant to tamiflu, while two farmers in Canada were diagnosed with a new type of flu, a combination of common flu with the swine flu.
The Greek Health Ministry said that although the new flu has turned pandemic, and the surge in cases is nothing but expected, the symptoms remain mild.
The New Cases Confirmed in Greece:
· Boy, 14, of US descent, who arrived from the USA.
· Male, 47, of Greek descent, who arrived from France.
· Male, 39, of Argentinean descent, who arrived from Argentine.
· Girl, 1, of Greek descent, who contacted a confirmed case.
· Male, 22, of British descent, who arrived from England.
· Female, 20, of British descent, who arrived from England.
· Female, 55, of Greek descent.
· Male, 17, of British descent, who arrived from England.
News item: 24583