The Archaeological Museum of Tinos has operated since 1963 in a properly arranged building near the church of Evangelistria in Hora. In its halls, among other displays, are remarkable finds from the archaeological excavations on the island, at the sites Xomb´urgo and Kionia. Among the exhibits what stand out are household utensils, vessels (10th-8th century BC ), amphoras from the Geometric and Archaic period, inscriptions, coins, mosaics, Roman statues, Kyveli's relief, the solar clock from the temple of Poseidon and Amphitrite as well as a marble dolphin from the 4th century BC.
The Catholic Monastery of Ursulines lies outside Loutra village, north of Hora. It was founded in 1862 next to the old Jesuits monastery. In its interior, in a classy environment of beautiful decoration and delicately-carved furniture, a housekeeping school, which was initially founded for the daughters of the most rich families from all over Greece, has operated for many years.
The church of Evangelistria (Our Lady) is the most important religious monument of Tinos and probably of the whole of Greece. It was built in 1823 by the Smyrniot architect Efstratiou to house the miraculous icon of the Virgin. The icon was found on that spot by Holy Pelagia and is the work of Luke the Evangelist. On its feast day on the 15th of August, the icon of the Virgin is covered with votive offerings and the main road pulses with pilgrims. The Church of Evangelistria, an impressive building made of white marble, is at the end of a broad road, which starts from the waterfront and ends up at its pebbled courtyard. In its precinct stands a war memorial in the memory of the sinking of destroyer "Elli". Next to it, is the Church of Recovery, which is built on the site of an older Church of St John. It is said that a temple of Dionysus and an ancient theatre used to stand there. Around the church stand the Museum of Tinian Artists, a notable library, the "Antonis Sohos" Museum, the Art Gallery of Modern Greek Artists, the vestry, and a small ecclesiastical collection.
Kechrovouniou Monastery is situated outside Steni village, 15 km north-east of Tinos town, and is dedicated to the Assumption (Koimesis tis Theotokou). The legend says that it has been founded in the 10th or 11th century by three sisters who dreamt of the construction of the Monastery, while in 1822 Saint Pelagia dreamt of the place where the miraculous icon of Panagia i Evangelistria (the Virgin of Evangelistria) was later found. It is an impressively constructed unit, with many features of traditional Cycladic architecture which consists of white houses, where the nuns live, and about one hundred chapels, much like Agia Pelagia, Taxiarchon of Agion Panton and Timiou Stavrou (Holy Cross). Inside the monastery, a handicraft workshop, a guest's room where visitors receive hospitality and a small museum with remarkable ecclesiastic gems and icons also are in operation. In the Monastery's katholikon (lodger), a wood-carved screen has been preserved, as well as a Russian epitaph from 1558 and old post-Byzantine icons. Near Kechrovouniou Monastery lies the remarkable Monastery of Agios Antonios.
The Giannoulis Chalepas Museum is situated in the beautiful Pirgos village and is housed in the paternal habitation of the great Tinian artist. Among its exhibits are photographs, personal belongings, pieces of work and gems from the life of the great sculptor. Next to the Giannoulis Chalepas Museum lies the remarkable Museum of the Panormos Artists with sketches, sculpture and other pieces of art which are of great interest.
The Museum of Tinian Artists stands in Hora, next to the church of Evagelistria. Works of famous Tinian artists such as Nikiforos and Nicolaos Lytras, Dimitris Filippotis, Yannoulis Halepas, Constantinos Parthenis, Lazaros Sohos, Vitalis brothers, Georgios Iakovidis, and Nicolaos Gyzis are exhibited there. Most of these artists were able to study thanks to financial aid by the Sacred Institute of Evangelistria. In the same room, there is the Art Gallery of Modern Greek Artists with copies of great Renaissance works by Velasquez, Veronese and others. In a separate room, there is the vestry, a small ecclesiastical collection, and the famous "Carta of Rigas Ferraios". Lastly, in the same room, there is a library with rare books and manuscripts.
Xombourgo lies 3 km from the village of Steni and north-east of Hora. It is a huge granite rock 640 metres in height. On its top stands a large cross which is lit at night. It is believed that it is built on the site of an ancient town which used to be the island's capital up until the Geometrical and Classical years. Later, a medieval town and a Venetian castle, called "St Helen's Castle" after the church and the marble fountain of the same name in its interior, was built on the same site. The Venetians turned it into one of the most powerful castles in the area. They built warehouses, towers, bulwarks, tanks and buttressed its older fortification works. The castle withstood enemy attacks until 1715 when it fell to the Turks. Today, only ruins of the ancient city, remains of the catholic cathedral and other edifices of the castle's interior still stand. In the neighbouring areas, excavations have brought to light many interesting findings, which are exhibited in the Archaeological Museum of Hora.