HR-Net - Hellenic Resources Network Compact version
Today's Suggestion
Browse through our Interesting Nodes on the Cyprus Issue
HomeAbout HR-NetNewsWeb SitesDocumentsOnline HelpUsage InformationContact us
Saturday, 16 December 2017
 
News
  Latest News (All)
     From Greece
     From Cyprus
     From Europe
     From Balkans
     From Turkey
     From USA
  Announcements
  World Press
  News Archives
Web Sites
  Hosted
  Mirrored
  Interesting Nodes
Documents
  Special Topics
  Treaties, Conventions
  Constitutions
  U.S. Agencies
  Cyprus Problem
  Other
Services
  Personal NewsPaper
  Greek Fonts
  Tools
  F.A.Q.
 

BOSNEWS digest 447 -- 28/10/95

From: Nermin Zukic <n6zukic@sms.business.uwo.ca>

Bosnia-Herzegovina News Directory

CONTENTS

  • [01] LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON THE DIPLOMATIC FRONT AND ON THE GROUND IN THE BALKANS


  • [01] LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON THE DIPLOMATIC FRONT AND ON THE GROUND IN THE BALKANS

    After a second straight day of talks today, Russian Defense Minister Pavel Grachev and Secretary of Defense William Perry have still not resolved differences in their plans for integrating Russian troops into the planned NATO-led force to implement a peace accord in Bosnia. Russia has refused to allow its troops to serve under NATO command, while the U.S. and its allies have insisted on overall NATO control. State Department spokesman Nicholas Burns said that NATO is prepared to carry out the mission without Russian troops participating if no compromise is reached. A preliminary meeting between Bosnian President Alija Izetbegovic, Croatian President Franjo Tudjman, and Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic scheduled to be held in Moscow on October 31 was cancelled today due to Russian President Yeltsin's ill health. The three Balkan leaders will attend peace talks at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio, beginning on November 1.

    Bosnian Serb officials reportedly offered to allow international human rights organizations access to regions of Serb-controlled territory where thousands of Muslim and other non-Serb men and boys might have been massacred or are possibly being detained in concentration camps. However, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State John Shattuck said, "Words are words until there's action." Two to three thousand Muslim men and boys remain missing from the Banja Luka region. They were part of a group of several thousand non-Serbs that Serbian forces expelled from the region earlier this month. Many observers fear that the missing men and boys have been massacred, just as thousands were executed in mass killings in Srebrenica three months ago. Bosnian President Izetbegovic said yesterday that peace can not come to Bosnia unless all war criminals are removed from power.

    Back to Top
    Copyright 1995-2016 HR-Net (Hellenic Resources Network). An HRI Project.
    All Rights Reserved.

    HTML by the HR-Net Group / Hellenic Resources Institute
    bos2html v1.00 run on Monday, 30 October 1995 - 09:02:55